At Aquatic Live Food, we love plankton! So, we have compiled a list of 10 things you need to know about plankton – zooplankton and phytoplankton! Check the list to make sure you know everything there is to know about these fascinating creatures…
10 Essential Things to Know about Plankton
- Top-Quality Plankton: Aquatic Live Food (ALF) supplies the best zooplankton at great prices. We have the highest densities available for sale online; get the size and type of zooplankton & phytoplankton with no minimum spend.
- Variety Matters: Our zooplankton, like Copepods, Amphipods, Rotifers, Clam Shrimp and Cladocerans, are all different sizes and types. They are live food for your preying aquaria, delivered to your door.
- Exclusive ALF Blends: ALF MicroMagic blends of 4 separate species of phytoplankton available in both marine and freshwater varieties. Marine: Nannochloropsis oculata, Isochrysis galbana, Tetraselimis chui, and Thalassiosira and Freshwater: Chlorella vulgaris, Haematococcus pluvialis, Scenedesmus, and Anabaena variabilis. ALF supplies high-density zooplankton culture blends of copepods, rotifers, clam shrimp, amphipods and phytoplankton called Ultimate Reef Mix & Ultimate Freshwater Mix by the litre to feed those feed Anthias, seahorse, mandarin, gobies, angelfish, Chromis, dottybacks, corals and more.
- Benefits: You can only introduce a few varieties of zooplankton into your tank. And copepods are one of the main species found in all bodies of water. Plankton are tiny microscopic water filters. Plankton will not add nutrients to your system; they will enhance your tank water quality.
- Overfeeding Woes, A Thing of the Past: There is no danger of overfeeding your tank with live plankton, unlike you can and do with non-live feeds, because plankton are live organisms. They stay alive until consumed by your fish and corals and can also reproduce in your system.
- Natural Cleaners: Introduce plankton to help control nutrients and nuisance algae types like hair, algae, etc… Zooplankton like copepods can be considered a micro clean-up crew that helps with water quality.
- Cultured with Care: We have been culturing plankton to allow both marine & freshwater hobbyists to finally achieve the next generation in marine and freshwater tank aquariums. Keeping our products allows tanks to be a complete system now, and when done correctly, your tanks can be self-sufficient ecosystems.
- Natural Responses: Our aquacultures of different plankton in your home aquariums will elicit the innate responses from all your aquaria, different types of live plankton suspended in the water column. This will be instrumental in allowing your aquaria to achieve all their full beauty and life cycles as they would in the wild.
- Visible Growth: Regularly introducing live foods can lead to remarkable growth in all aquatic beings, from corals to the fussiest of fishes.
- The Vital Role of Plankton: Your aquarium environments depend on plankton, zooplankton, and phytoplankton to achieve their maximum growth potential & vitality potential with your closed tank systems.