At Aquatic Live Food, we love plankton! So, we have compiled a list of 10 things you need to know about plankton – both zooplankton and phytoplankton! Check the list to make sure you know everything there is to know about these fascinating creatures…
1. Aquatic Live Food (ALF) supply the very best zooplankton at great prices, we have the highest densities available for sale online; get the size and type of zooplankton & phytoplankton with no minimum spend.
2. Our zooplankton like; Copepods, Amphipods, Rotifers, Clam Shrimp and Cladocerans are all of different sizes and types, they are a live food for your preying aquaria, and it is delivered to your door.
3. ALF MicroMagic blends of 4 separate species of phytoplankton available in both marine and freshwater varieties. Marine: Nannochloropsis oculata, Isochrysis galbana, Tetraselimis chui, and Thalassiosira and Freshwater: Chlorella vulgaris, Haematococcus pluvialis, Scenedesmus, and Anabaena variabilis. ALF supply high-density zooplankton culture blends of copepods, rotifers, clam shrimp, amphipod and phytoplankton called Ultimate Reef Mix & Ultimate Freshwater Mix by the litre to feed those feed Anthias, seahorse, mandarin, gobies, angelfish, Chromis, dottybacks, corals and more.
4. You can’t introduce too many verities of zooplankton into your tank. And copepods are one of the main species and are found in all bodies of water. Plankton are tiny microscopic water filters. Plankton will not add nutrients to your system; in fact, they will enhance your tank water quality.
5. There is no danger of overfeeding your tank with live plankton unlike you can and do with non-live feeds, due to the fact that plankton are live organisms. They stay alive until consumed by your fish and corals and can reproduce in your system as well.
7. We have been culturing plankton to allow both marine & freshwater hobbyist to finally achieve the next generation in marine and freshwater tank aquarium keeping our products allow tanks to now be a complete system and when done correctly your tanks can be self-sufficient ecosystems.
8. Our aquacultures of different planktons in your home aquariums will elicit the innate responses from all your aquaria, different types of live plankton suspended in the water column. This will be instrumental in allowing your aquaria to achieve all their full beauty and full life cycles as they would in the wild.
9. Introduce live foods into your aquarium once or twice a month and you will notice unbelievable reactions and increased growth from all your animals, like corals of all types, hard to feed finicky fish, a list too numerous to start.
10. Your aquarium environments have a very important dependence on plankton both zooplankton and phytoplankton to achieve their maximum growth potential & vitality potential with your closed tank systems.