About the Cyclopoid Dioithona Copepod:
Meet the Cyclopoid Dioithona Copepod, a single species copepod specially designed for dedicated breeders. This copepod is an excellent choice for those who can provide live phytoplankton or subscribe to our Micro Magic Marine mix, now enriched with five different species. Among these species, two contain diatoms, ensuring the best conditions for copepodites and copepods to thrive and reproduce. This, in turn, provides ample nourishment for your mobile fry.
- High HUFA (Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acids) content
- Exceptionally palatable, surpassing frozen or dried foods
- Higher survival rates and healthier fry guaranteed with these copepods
- Increased chances of your fry reaching a saleable size
Description of the Cyclopoid Dioithona Copepod:
This copepod exhibits robust characteristics with a blunt, rounded cephalosome and a rigid body covered in a thick cuticle.
- Females can produce over 400 eggs each
- Maximum hatching rates occur at temperatures around 26 °C
- Widely used as live feeds in hatcheries
- Found in tropical regions
- Thrives in coastal and estuarine environments
- Indigenous to the Indian Ocean and equatorial Pacif
If you are living in Tasmania and want to purchase Marine Copepods, Rotifers, Amphipods and Daphnia you will need to complete a Tasmanian Government interstate wildlife import permit.
More About Aquatic Live Food…
Therefore, we are now able to provide continuous high-quality production of popular live foods.
Aquarists of all skill levels can now have a real chance at breeding their own favourite Pipefish, Cowfish, Mandarin fish, Shrimp and more. Being able to provide essential live food that’s required for newborn and juvenile Aquaria.
Finally, Cyclopoid Dioithona Copepod are only one of the many products we are proud to offer at Aquatic Live Food. Check out our website for many more exciting products in store!