Aquatic Live Food is excited to introduce our range of Kids Aquarium Products starting with this Kids Triops Hatching Kit along with the Daphnia Hatching Kit. These kits come with everything you need to grow your very own sea creatures at home and watch them hatch and grow before your eyes!
This kit is guaranteed to excite kids of all ages 5+ as they watch and learn the fascinating process of the plankton life cycle! Once hatched, Triops are an excellent feed for all freshwater fish. The Triops Kit is slightly more complex, has more components, and is great for kids who want more of a challenge!
PLEASE DOWNLOAD HERE: Download the e-book here
The Kids Triops Hatching Kit comes with the following:
- Container – used to hatch the Triops eggs
- Small Net
- Triops Eggs – you get to choose between 5 different Triops species!
- Indian Almond Leaves or Tannin
- Airline Fitting
- Heating Mat with USB cord and Australian plug – This is especially important for the species ‘Australiensis’ that like temperatures between 25°C-30°C.
- Thermometer sticker to attach to container and monitor temperature of the water
- E-book – Downloadable after purchase
The E-book includes everything you need to hatch your Triops eggs including:
- Easy-to-follow Instructions
- Fun Facts
- Answers to questions you may have
- A complete guide on what to do after your Daphnia eggs are hatched including; feeding, storage, and environmental conditions
- Lot’s more info on products and further resources to help you learn about Triops and other live foods!
Triops species available to choose from include:
- T. australiensis – need warm water hatching and growing between 25°C-30°C
- T. cancriformis – need water around 15°C-20°C and the hatching time will take more than the average 24-36hours. (T.australiensis 24 hours.)
- T. longicaudatus – need water around 15°C-20°C and hatching time will take more than average 24-36hours
- T. red longicaudatus – need water around 15°C-20°C and hatching time will take more than average 24-36hours
- T. newberryi – need water around 15°C-20°C and hatching time will take more than average 24-36hours
Some products to consider purchasing along with your kit are:
- Freshwater MicroMagic – to feed the Triops once they are hatched. You will only need 125ml and this can be purchased later on if preferred, as it lasts 7-10 days in the fridge. Click here to view our Freshwater MicroMagic!
- A Sieve – the kit includes a small net but the sieve may be useful when the culture becomes larger. Click here to view the sieve!
- Air Pump – To facilitate airflow in the kit. This can assist the process of hatching as it supplies oxygen bubbles into the water + can be more fun to watch! Click here to view the air pump!
- Triops Food Pack is now available