- Marine amphipods help to control the growth of algae that might otherwise reach high levels.
- Marine Amphipods are beneficial in the main tank as well as the refugium.
- This species breeds easily in captivity but will not overpopulate your system, being limited by space and available food.
- These eggs develop into swimming larvae which are released directly into the water column in the aquarium.
- Many types of fishes feed on Reef Amphipods, including clownfish, seahorses and angelfish.
Please use only captive-bred organisms in your reef aquarium. Mature female Marine Amphipods bear a marsupium or brood pouch. As the female ages, she produces more eggs in each brood.
Amphipods have no larval stages. Their eggs hatch directly into a juvenile form, and they reach sexual maturity after 6 moults. Place them into the refugium or filter floss compartment to start off your culture.
Do NOT just drop them into your marine tank as the fish will eat them and it will be an expensive dinner.
More About Aquatic Live Food…
Therefore, we are now able to provide continuous high-quality production of popular live foods.
Aquarists of all skill levels can now have a real chance at breeding their own favourite Pipefish, Cowfish, Mandarin fish, Shrimp and more. Being able to provide essential live food that’s required for newborn and juvenile Aquaria.
Finally, Marine Amphipods only one of the many products we are proud to offer at Aquatic Live Food. Check out our website for many more exciting products in store!