Marine Calanoid Labidocera Copepod is a new single species of copepod. These are for the more serious breeders who can feed their cultures live phytoplankton or have a subscription. Two of these have diatoms to ensure your copepodites and copepods have the best chance of survival and to reproduce. This in turn will ensure your more mobile fry have all the feed they can.
- High HUFA content
- 100% more palatable than frozen or dried foods
- With these copepods, you will get higher survival rates and larger healthier fry
- Therefore, the fry will have a greater chance to reach a saleable size
Description of Marine Calanoid Labidocera Copepod:
Includes 43 families and approximately 2000 species (marine and freshwater)
- Drift in water column often hanging motionless.
- Locomotion by slowly sinking or by swimming smoothly in circles or spirals by rapidly vibrating the second antennae.
- Can respond to danger quickly by upward darting jumps carried out by the thoracic pods.
- Many species have been observed to undergo diel vertical migration; feeding at the surface layers at night and migrating deeper during the day.
- Marine Calanoid Labidocera Copepod is mostly herbivores.
- Suspension feeders; continuous feeding current created by head appendages.
- Larval development is metamorphic. Embryos are carried in single or paired sacs. Eggs can also be deposited externally. Long, usually slender body.
If you are living in Tasmania and want to purchase Marine Copepods, Rotifers, Amphipods and Daphnia you will need to complete a Tasmanian Government interstate wildlife import permit.
More About Aquatic Live Food…
Therefore, we are now able to provide continuous high-quality production of popular live foods.
Aquarists of all skill levels can now have a real chance at breeding their own favourite Pipefish, Cowfish, Mandarin fish, Shrimp and more. Being able to provide essential live food that’s required for newborn and juvenile Aquaria.