Marine Tisbe Harpacticoid Copepod is benthic, in other words, they are crawlers. They are excellent for seeding a new tank and adding to a refugium. These copepods are very effective for seeding a reef tank prior to purchasing a Mandarin fish or Dragonet. A bottle or bag will contain many 1000’s of copepods. Harpacticoida marine copepods are small in size approx. 100um – 300um.
If you are living in Tasmania and want to purchase Marine Copepods, Rotifers, Amphipods and Daphnia you will need to complete a Tasmanian Government interstate wildlife import permit.
Watch the video of the Marine Tisbe Harpacticoid Copepod here – Tisbe Video
- Distinctive body shape
- Exoskeleton moderately chitinised
- Widely distributed marine planktonic copepod
- Biology is poorly known
- Can be one of the numerically dominant species in coastal waters
- In oligotrophic waters, this species is known to associate with marine snow aggregates, where attached microbial communities provide a nutrition source
- Cosmopolitan, oceanic and coastal
- Found in tropical and subtropical regions of Australia
- World distribution: widespread in all oceans
More About Aquatic Live Food…
Therefore, we are now able to provide continuous high-quality production of popular live foods.
Aquarists of all skill levels can now have a real chance at breeding their own favourite Pipefish, Cowfish, Mandarin fish, Shrimp and more. Being able to provide essential live food that’s required for newborn and juvenile Aquaria.