Micro Magic Rotifood is 4x* the density of our normal algae. It is a blend of highly nutritious algae of the appropriate cell sizes that will enhance the HUFA value of the Rotifers. This will ensure they meet the high HUFA levels for professional fish breeders.
Furthermore, our commercial hatcheries of finfish fingerling growers say that rotifers full of Rotifood have increased the survival rates and the weight of fry. This weight increase ensures the fingerlings get a high price at the market.
- For the smaller breeders, this means you will have higher survival rates, more of your fry will reach the juvenile stage
- Secondly, this means you will have more, high-quality fish for sale
- You can reduce your overall impact on the environment with this product
Finally, Micro Magic Rotifood uses the following algae at our tried and tested ratios. This will ensure you get the best quality feed for the highest survival rate and the healthiest fry.
x* Means it has been spun in our centrifuge after being mixed. 70% of the water is removed which makes rotifood very live algae quite dense. If adequately refrigerated and lid loosened it will stay fresh and alive for approx 2-3 months.
- Nannochloropsis oculata – non-flagellated yellow-green alga; cell size 1-5 microns.
- Nannochloropsis is a valuable feed in aquaculture providing polyunsaturated fatty acids, essential vitamins, amino acids and photosynthetic pigments. In particular, the omega-3 fatty acid EPA is produced in relatively high concentrations. It also consumes several nitrogen waste compounds including ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates.
- Tetraselmis sp- green alga with 4 flagella; cell size 6-14 microns
- With a rich and varied amino/ fatty acid profile, this strain provides a very nutritional feed for your rotifers. Recent studies have shown that Tetraselmis sp possesses significant antimicrobial properties.
- Pavlova lutheri is a golden-brown Biflagellate; cell size 4-6 microns
- This species has a high content of polyunsaturated fatty acids. It is especially high in EPA and DHA which are essential for marine animals and is widely used in bivalve hatcheries.
If you have any questions or require larger amounts of our Micro Magic Rotifood, email us to find out more.
More About Aquatic Live Food…
Therefore, we are now able to provide continuous high-quality production of popular live foods.
Finally, Aquarists of all skill levels can now have a real chance at breeding their own favourite fish. Being able to provide essential live food that’s required for newborn and juvenile Aquaria.
In conclusion, this Micro Magic Rotifood is only one of the many products we are proud to offer at Aquatic Live Food. Check out our website for many more exciting products in store!