Ultimate Freshwater Mix contains 4 types of copepods, rotifers, daphnia, 3 types amphipods and Aussie seed shrimp.
It also contains our freshwater MicroMagic 4 species of phytoplankton all mixed up in one bottle. This means you will get an all-round live food ideal for your tropical or cold freshwater tank.
One of the main components in thie Ultimate Freshwater Mix is copepods. Copepods are an excellent food source for all fish as they are high in nutritional content. They are an excellent food source for many freshwater fish, all fish fry and animals including, shrimps etc.
- Acclimate the Ultimate Freshwater Mix to your aquarium water parameters as soon as possible.
- Replenishing your tanks zooplankton; add them while the lights are off so as to allow them time to find hiding places and homes.
- Once in your tank they will add to the critter population until eaten will survive in the plants and other hiding places. They are a valuable addition to the freshwater tank one with many benefits. As a treat or fish feed.
- If you do regular water changes to your system you will give these a good chance of survival.
- Copepods will feed on phytoplankton, detritus, and waste food so they are of great benefit to your ecosystem. Acclimate this as you would any of your new fish.
Keep the package in the refrigerator in a 50% larger bottle. This will allow you to feed the mix over a few days.
Secondly, add the extra water from your tank. The lid must be opened to allow oxygen exchange (live algae) and critters to breathe.They will survive 5-7 days in the fridge. They will consume the phyto while in the bottle.
Finally, this Ultimate Freshwater Mix is only one of the many products we are proud to offer at Aquatic Live Food. Check out our website for many more exciting products in store!