Zooplankton Net 30cm can be used to collect your own zooplankton live saltwater fish food for your tank.
What is a zooplankton net?
Plankton Collection Net
These zooplankton nets are available to your customs needs, requirements and mesh sizes
Our nets will catch any organism in the microscopic to slightly larger than microscopic size.
Each time you use this net you will feel like your experiencing a new adventure when you observe the variety of small animals that inhabit the plankton zones in the oceans and waterways of our world.
Some of the animals you will encounter are fry and larvae (newborns) of seahorses, Clams, Oysters, copepods of all types.
All kinds of fish fry, squid fry, and a multitude of other animals inhabit the planktonic zones in the ocean as part of their life cycle.
Can be towed through the water or placed in a place that has a water current.
Food for fish, corals, anemone, squid, anthias, mandarin, and much more tropical fish.
Also great for study, educational exploration.
You can use this net in Marine saltwater or freshwater.
Great for collecting zooplankton for teaching, for study, or for feeding home aquarium reef tanks.
- Micron mesh fabric.
- 30cm diameter mouth opening x 1500mm length.
- We have attached a Stainless Steel marine-grade swivel to the harness.
- Solid Stainless Steel mouth Ring.
- Brass Grommets
- Triple Sewn with reinforced rings.
- Fluorocarbon cable harness.
- You will get 10 times more harvested plankton than from our nets compared to other brands. This is due to the screened micron mesh flow through the codend.
- Nitex Micron Cloth netting Material: Holds up to rigorous outdoor use, UV, salt water, and cleaning solvents.
- You can clean this with a bleach solution after use.
- PVC cod end (10cm X 15cm)
- Easy to harvest copepods by unscrewing threaded fitting. Codend has the same micron size mesh as a net. For concentration of plankton and max water flow through. This micron mesh on the bottom of the cog prevents backflow pressure created when the net is towed. Backflow pressure prevents 90% of the plankton from staying in the net while the net is moving through water.
- Our plankton copepod net is made with a flow-through cog, unlike other brands that are not made with micron mesh on the cog end.
More About Aquatic Live Food…
Therefore, we are now able to provide continuous high-quality production of popular live foods.
Aquarists of all skill levels can now have a real chance at breeding their own favourite Pipefish, Cowfish, Mandarin fish, Shrimp and more. Being able to provide essential live food that’s required for newborn and juvenile Aquaria.
Finally, this zooplankton net is only one of the many products we are proud to offer at Aquatic Live Food. Check out our website for many more exciting products in store!