Marine Copepods (Calanoid)
These new single species marine copepods are for the more serious breeders who can feed their cultures live phytoplankton or have a subscription for our Micro Magic Marine mix now with 5 species. Two of these have diatoms to ensure your copepodites and copepods have the best chance of survival and to reproduce. This in turn will ensure your more mobile fry have all the feed they can. With a much higher HUFA content than dead feeds 0 ammonia and are 100% more palatable the frozen dead and decaying stuff, many are using to feed fry now. With these copepods, you will get higher survival rates, larger healthier fry which will have a greater chance to reach a saleable size, and sooner. Why waste time, money and effort with the many poor quality options available. Give these pods a chance to impress your breeding fish and fry.
Now you have the ability to breed a much wider range of fish than you ever had before these pelagic copepods are what most of you have been waiting for.
Includes 43 families and approximately 2000 species (marine and freshwater).
- Drift in water column often hanging motionless.
- Locomotion by slowly sinking or by swimming smoothly in circles or spirals by rapidly vibrating the second antennae.
- Can respond to danger quickly by upward darting jumps carried out by the thoracic pods.
- Many species have been observed to undergo diel vertical migration; feeding at the surface layers at night and migrating deeper during the day.
- Mostly herbivores.
- Suspension feeders; continuous feeding current created by head appendages.
- Larval development is metamorphic. Embryos are carried in single or paired sacs. Eggs can also be deposited externally. Long, usually slender body.
If you are living in Tasmania and want to purchase Marine Copepods, Rotifers, Amphipods and Daphnia you will need to complete a Tasmanian Government interstate wildlife import permit.
More About Aquatic Live Food…
Therefore, we are now able to provide continuous high-quality production of popular live foods.
Aquarists of all skill levels can now have a real chance at breeding their own favourite Pipefish, Cowfish, Mandarin fish, Shrimp and more. Being able to provide essential live food that’s required for newborn and juvenile Aquaria.
Finally, Marine Copepods are only one of the many products we are proud to offer at Aquatic Live Food. Check out our website for many more exciting products in store!