The Cyclopoid Dioithona Copepod is a new single species copepod. They are for the more serious breeders who can feed their cultures live phytoplankton or have a subscription for our Micro Magic Marine mix now with 5 species. Two of these have diatoms to ensure your copepodites and copepods have the best chance of survival and to reproduce. This in turn will ensure your more mobile fry have all the feed they can.
- High HUFA content
- 100% more palatable than frozen or dried foods
- With these copepods you will get higher survival rates and larger healthier fry
- Therefore, the fry will have a greater chance to reach a saleable size
Description of the Cyclopoid Dioithona Copepod:
- Very robust with blunt, rounded cephalosome
- Body rigid, with thick cuticle
- Can produce over 400 eggs per female
- Experiences maximum hatching rates at temperatures ~ 26 °C
- Used as live feeds in hatcheries
- Coastal, estuarine
- The Indian Ocean, equatorial Pacific
If you are living in Tasmania and want to purchase Marine Copepods, Rotifers, Amphipods and Daphnia you will need to complete a Tasmanian Government interstate wildlife import permit.
More About Aquatic Live Food…
Therefore, we are now able to provide continuous high-quality production of popular live foods.
Aquarists of all skill levels can now have a real chance at breeding their own favourite Pipefish, Cowfish, Mandarin fish, Shrimp and more. Being able to provide essential live food that’s required for newborn and juvenile Aquaria.
Finally, Cyclopoid Dioithona Copepod are only one of the many products we are proud to offer at Aquatic Live Food. Check out our website for many more exciting products in store!