The Marine Harpacticoida Euterpina Copepod is benthic, in other words, they are crawlers. They are excellent for seeding a new tank and adding to a refugium. These are very effective for seeding a reef tank prior to purchasing a Mandarin fish or Dragonet. A bottle or foil bag will contain many 1000’s of copepods.
Harpacticoida marine copepods are small in size approx. 100um – 300um. **Bottles of Pods may contain, rotifers which are live zooplankton and the perfect food for corals** Larger volumes available.
If you are living in Tasmania and want to purchase Marine & Freshwater Copepods, Rotifers, Amphipods, Daphnia etc. you will need to complete a Tasmanian Government interstate wildlife import permit.
- Distinctive body shape
- The rostrum is stout, anterior of cephalosome (head) is sharply pointed
- Principally inshore marine species but can tolerate a wide range of salinities
- Marine Harpacticoida Euterpina Copepod are non-selective herbivores
- Female carries single egg sac
- Generation times range from 23 – 85 days; length of time relates to water temperature and food availability
- Epipelagic, cosmopolitan
- Coastal, neritic
- Australian distribution includes New South Wales, Great Barrier Reef and Tasmania
- World distribution: widespread in tropical and subtropical waters of all oceans
- Species is not found in the Arctic or Antarctic Oceans
More About Aquatic Live Food…
Therefore, we are now able to provide continuous high-quality production of popular live foods.
Aquarists of all skill levels can now have a real chance at breeding their own favourite Pipefish, Cowfish, Mandarin fish, Shrimp and more. Being able to provide essential live food that’s required for newborn and juvenile Aquaria.
Finally, Marine Harpacticoida Euterpina Copepod is only one of the many products we are proud to offer at Aquatic Live Food. Check out our website for many more exciting products in store!