These creatures are bethnic in other words they are (crawlers). They are excellent for seeding a new tank, and adding to a refugium.
These are very effective for seeding a reef tank prior to purchasing a Mandarin-fish or Dragonet. A bottle or foil bag will contain many 1000’s of copepods. Harpacticoida marine copepods are small in size approx. 100um – 300um.
If you are living in Tasmania and want to purchase Marine Copepods, Rotifers, Amphipods and Daphnia you will need to complete a Tasmanian Government interstate wildlife import permit.
- Distinctive body shape
- Exoskeleton moderately chitinised
- Widely distributed marine planktonic copepod
- Biology is poorly known
- Can be one of the numerically dominant species in coastal waters
- In oligotrophic waters, this species is known to associate with marine snow aggregates, where attached microbial communities provide a nutrition source
- Cosmopolitan, oceanic and coastal
- Found in tropical and subtropical regions of Australia
- World distribution: widespread in all oceans
More About Aquatic Live Food…
Therefore, we are now able to provide continuous high-quality production of the popular live foods.
Aquarists of all skill levels can now have a real chance at breeding there own favourite Pipefish, Cowfish, Mandarin fish, Shrimp and more. Being able to provide essential live food that’s required for newborn and juvenile Aquaria.
Finally, Marine Copepods are only one of the many products we are proud to offer at Aquatic Live Food. Check out our website for many more exciting products in store!